PR2 Quick Start Video Rules
Here are the results of the PR2 Quick Start Video Contest:
A big "thank you" to everyone who entered the contest. Every submission was super cool in its own way. It was tough to decide on the winners. I really want to do this again!
On August 17, I (Scott Hassan) want to sit back with my wife and kids and watch the PR2 do something cool, funny, or useful. I will personally award (in US dollars) the top three videos
(by my arbitrary standards):
- $5,000 for 1st place
- $3,000 for 2nd place
- $2,000 for 3rd place.
- Submissions are due by midnight (Pacific Standard Time) on August 17, 2010. Please submit your video on this website.
- Videos must be 1 minute or less in length.
- No cuts in the video are allowed; the video must be shot in one continuous take.
- You may not change the PR2 hardware for this competition.
- Videos must be annotated with the amount of speed-up (if appropriate, 3x, 10x, etc.) and whether the robot is
"Autonomous" or "Tele-operated".
- Each person may submit one video. Teams are responsible for appointing one person to submit their video, and
split the winnings appropriately. Prize money goes directly to the winner, in the form of a check.
- Participation in this competition should not interfere with your work or research duties.
- *new* (6/2)Your institution must have a PR2 to enter.
- If your institution has not yet received their PR2, you should run your code in simulation. Once you are confident in
your code, you may contact Eitan Marder-Eppstein (firstname.lastname@example.org), and he will run your code on
a Willow Garage PR2 and provide you with raw video footage (you will be responsible for any editing).
- Willow Garage employees are not eligible, and cannot receive compensation in any form.
- These rules may change at any time.
- Judgment of videos is arbitrary and the selection of winners is at the sole discretion of me (Scott Hassan).
- All submitted videos must be made available under a creative commons license.
No more submissions.